Administration – Major Wallace Kitchings
It is the responsibility of the Administration Division to perform the many tasks that keep the daily routines of the Sheriff’s Office functioning efficiently and effectively. The Administration Division has several departments within the Division that are necessary in order to maintain a fluent and seamless operational work flow within the organization. These departments include Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing, Supply and Computer Systems Administration.
As with any organization reporting is a major function, and the Sheriff’s Office is no different. The Sheriff’s Office produces reports and documents associated with each department within the Division. Payroll must be handled every two weeks, accounts must be balanced and monies tracked. Human Resources keeps track of qualifications of new applicants and training requirements of current appointees. The Grants Coordinator compiles data for grant application submission and renewal. The Purchasing and Supply section ensures that all necessary and needed equipment is available. The Computer Systems Administrator maintains the computers for the agency and assists in evaluation of new technology, along with maintaining the agency website.
Finance – Kim Nichola, Director
Mission Statement Finance Division:
The Finance Division’s major areas of responsibility include budget management, payroll, purchasing, assets, and financial reporting. Our mission:
- To manage and maintain financial records in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with State and Federal laws.
- To develop and maintain effective and efficient financial planning, reporting and central support systems in order to support the operating divisions in achieving their program objectives.
- To provide the Sheriff and Board of County Commission with financial information on a timely and meaningful basis.
- To provide quality service to the residents of Columbia County by being good stewards of public funds while ensuring cost effective public safety services.
Human Resources – Cathy Davis, Director
Mission Statement Human Resources:
Serving as a strategic part of the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office, the mission of the Human Resources Division is to provide quality human resource services to attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce within a supportive work environment.
Information Technology – Wayne Craig, Director
The Sheriff’s Office enjoys the benefits of many of today’s cutting edge technologies in order to more effectively perform its function of law enforcement. A glimpse of some of these technologies include the following:
- SmartMCT Mobile Computer Terminals (MCTs)
- SmartJail Database Management System
- SmartCAD Computer Aided Dispatch System
- SmartRMS Records Management System
- SmartAdmin Systems Administration System
- SmartWeb Web Application Services
Additionally the directorate provides technological support in furtherance of the Sheriff’s Office mission. Information technology support includes the following:
- Provide help and support to Sheriff’s Office staff
- Maintenance of Sheriff’s Office information systems
- Coordination of new application implementation
- Research new technologies
- Configuration and deployment of desktop and server systems
Recent Press Releases